Crop Insurance in Oakdale, CA
Protecting the Livelihood of California Farmers with Crops
Our philosophy of “Protecting What Matters Most” is especially true for today’s farmer. Your crop is your family’s livelihood and our dedicated crop insurance staff will work with you to develop a risk management plan that will provide peace of mind for you and your family. Crop insurance helps provide a cost effective backstop so farmers can meet their financial obligations in good years and bad.
Crop Insurance Overview
Farming in the Central Valley provides plenty of challenges and risks. Drought, frost, freeze, and extreme heat can impact the yields of your crops and the revenue generated from them. Crop insurance can help reduce the financial impact of lower yields, low prices, and/or a combination of both.
Depending on the crop(s) that you farm there are several plans of crop insurance available to you:
- Whole Farm Revenue Protection (NEW) - Whole Farm Revenue Protection is a new crop insurance plan that provides a risk management safety net for all commodities on the farm under one policy. It was especially designed for multiple commodity and specialty crop farms and protects against a loss of farm revenue the farm earns or expects to earn. Farms with two or more qualifying commodities can also receive up to an 80% subsidy on their premiums making this a very affordable form of crop insurance.
- Actual Production History (APH) - The APH plan of insurance is the oldest Federal Crop Insurance plan available. It provides the producer protection against a loss of production due to nearly all unavoidable, natural occurring events. This plan of insurance guarantees the producer a yield based on their production history, which is why it is called the APH plan.
- Actual Revenue History (ARH) - The Actual Revenue History is based upon the insured’s revenue history for the crop insured. The guarantee is calculated based upon the insured’s production and revenue history. A loss occurs when the revenue to count for the current year falls below the insured’s guaranteed revenue. This plan is available for Cherry growers.
Crop Insurance and Your Lender
From the lending perspective, crop insurance provides a guarantee of a minimum income for a lender to rely on to repay loans should a farmer lose a crop. This insurance guarantee makes it much easier for producers to obtain the financing they need to farm. This is similar to the guarantee any car owner would have on their car loan if they got into an accident. Crop insurance is a safety net for some of the events that cannot be controlled.
- Information for California Farmers (California Department of Food and Agriculture)
- Crop Insurance Details (Insurance Information Institute (III))
- Understanding Crop Insurance (Insurance Information Institute (III))
At Basi Insurance Services, Inc., we’re proud to provide crop insurance in Oakdale, Manteca, Modesto, Sacramento, Stockton, and Turlock, CA. We’re licensed to serve a selection of states, including California.