What is Identity Theft?
When your personal identification information (including your name, social security number, driver’s license number, bank account, passport, or credit card number) is stolen and used by someone else with malicious intent against you, it is considered identity theft. Identity theft is a felony in the State of California.
At Basi Insurance Services, Inc., our business is protecting your most valuable assets; and, in this case, it’s you. If you’re affected by identity theft you will need much more than just financial relief.
Here are some facts to be aware of:
- Identity theft is one of the fastest-growing crimes in the country
- Identity theft requires victims to spend, on average, 175 hours resolving the issue
- According to the California Office of Privacy Protection, there were more than 8.1 million victims of identity theft in the United States in 2010, and more than one million of these victims were from California
Getting your identity back is no easy task, but by purchasing identity theft coverage our experienced professionals will do the following on your behalf:
- Assist you in identifying fraudulent accounts
- Help place a fraud alert on your credit reports
- Report your ID theft to the Federal Trade Commission
- Notify credit-reporting agencies
- Contact creditors on your behalf
- Help you file a police report
- Help you replace your driver’s license, passport, and social security card
- Provide an emergency cash advance if the theft occurs away from home
- Offer legal support, translation services, and emotional support to help alleviate stress and anxiety
Remember: ANYONE can have their identity stolen. If it happens to you, Basi Insurance can be there to help get your finances back on track. Call and speak to one of our experienced professionals at 209-847-3065 today to find out how simple and affordable identity theft coverage can be.